Interview with Binnie Kirshenbaum
1. What are 5 things you would want to find?
My red frame eyeglasses; the one misplaced earring of the pair that were my grandmother's; my confidence; a message in a bottle; someone's lost pet.
2. What are 5 things you would want to hide?
My first novel; Donald Trump's phone; my cigarettes; the photograph of myself as a child picking my nose; a refugee at the border.
3. If you could choose anywhere in the world for your book to be hidden, where would it be?
In the building that now houses the French department on the campus where I teach that was once an insane asylum.
4. If you could find any book, which would it be and why?
I'd like to find a text written in code. I think it would be fun to try to crack it, but it also might drive me crazy.
5. Who would you want to find your book (another author, celebrity, et cetera)?
Vladimir Nabokov except that he's dead. Among the living, I'd say Hilary Mantel. (I like her historical novels, but those that are not, I think are brilliant.)